Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bear Giles
Subject Re: GSSAPI / Kerberos Authentication
Date
List pgsql-admin
I was just looking at the Kerberos support. Is your server principal postgres/x.y.z@REALM, where x.y.z is the DNS name for your server? It probably won't affect you but think it needs to be POSTGRES/x.y.z@REALM for windows networks.

I'll have to check my notes for more details, e.g., I'm 99% sure it's 'postgres' and not 'postgresql'.

I know you need to use password authentication from the client - and the username has to be simple (bob@REALM, not bob/postgres@REALM). I'll be submitting a patch to support a keytab file and compound principals when I have some free time.

Bear