Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: FETCH FIRST clause PERCENT option
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 11:16 PM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

To give you a (admittedly, somewhat contrived and artificial example):

    SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE id IN (
      SELECT id FROM t2 ORDER BY x FETCH FIRST 10 PERCENT ROWS ONLY
    );

Maybe this example is bogus and/or does not really matter in practice. I
don't know, but I've been unable to convince myself that's the case.

does this means we abandon incremental approach? and am not sure of calculating
percentage after OFFSET clause is acceptable or not

regards
Surafel