Re: FETCH FIRST clause WITH TIES option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: FETCH FIRST clause WITH TIES option
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 6:09 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
I rebased this patch, and my proposed changes are in 0002.

Thank you

Looking at the changes in ExecLimit, I'm wondering if it would be better
to add a new state to the state machine there -- instead of doing all
the work in duplicative code in the LIMIT_INWINDOW case, have that one
only save the current end-of-window tuple and jump to
LIMIT_WINDOWEND_WITH_TIE (or something) which then returns all tuples that
match the current one.  I think that would end up being cleaner.  Please
research.

Done
regards
Surafel