Re: FETCH FIRST clause WITH TIES option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: FETCH FIRST clause WITH TIES option
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 8:38 PM Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>     The attached patch include all the comment given by Tomas and i
>     check sql standard about LIMIT and this feature

Unfortunately, it seems the "limit" regression tests fail for some
reason - the output mismatches the expected results for some reason. It
seems as if the WITH TIES code affects ordering of the results within
the group. See the attached file.

Yes the reason is the order of returned row is not always the same. I remove other columns from the result set to get constant result

Regards

Surafel

Attachment