Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
Date
List pgsql-hackers
hi,

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 10:54 AM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 11:47 PM Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000@gmail.com> wrote:

I've looked at this patch and tested.

When I use a function returning string in WHEN clause I got the following error:

=# copy test from '/tmp/aaa.csv' (format 'csv') when (lower(t) = 'hello');
ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for lower() function
HINT:  Use the COLLATE clause to set the collation explicitly.
CONTEXT:  COPY hoge, line 1: "1,hoge,2018-01-01"

And then although I specified COLLATE I got an another error (127 =
T_CollateExpr):

=# copy test from '/tmp/aaa.csv' (format 'csv') when (lower(t) collate
"en_US" = 'hello');
ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 127

This error doesn't happen if I put the similar condition in WHEN
clause for triggers. I think the patch needs to produce a reasonable
error message.

The attached patch include a fix for it .can you confirm it
regards
Surafel
Attachment