Re: [DOCS] Levenshtein function cost parameters are in the wrong order - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: [DOCS] Levenshtein function cost parameters are in the wrong order
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:37 PM, <marco.pennekamp96@gmail.com> wrote:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/fuzzystrmatch.html

The fuzzystrmatch documentation says that the order for the Levenshtein cost
parameters is insertion, deletion, substitution. Based on my tests with
Postgres 9.4, the order should be deletion, insertion, substitution, since
the algorithm behaves that way (this can be easily checked).

I did check, and they seem correct to me:

  =# select levenshtein('aaa', 'aaab', 1, 100, 100);
   levenshtein
             1
  (1 row)

Notice that the order of the first two arguments is (source, target).

.m