Transfer db from one port to another - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Killian Driscoll
Subject Transfer db from one port to another
Date
Re: Transfer db from one port to another  (Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer@spamfence.net>)
List pgsql-general
I am using Windows 8 64 bit, with postgreSQL 9.3 on port 5432 and postgreSQL 9.4 on port 5532 with the latter set up to use with Bitnami stack to test php files I am generating from my db.

I want to transfer my db with three schemas from port 5432 to port 5532 to use within the bitnami stack. I have used pgAdmin to create a backup.sql and when using pgAdmin to restore the .sql to port 5532 I get the following error

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "\"
LINE 26: \connect irll_project

with the lines in the .sql file created being

ALTER DATABASE irll_project OWNER TO postgres;

\connect irll_project

I have tried to use the Windows psql shell command to import using

\i 'C:/all.sql'

on pressing enter I see multiple occurrences saying invalid command, and then it ends with

error: out of memory detail: failed on request of size 268435456

What is the correct command line?

Killian DriscoIl