Re: Transfer db from one port to another - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Killian Driscoll
Subject Re: Transfer db from one port to another
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23 December 2015 at 10:58, Charles Clavadetscher <clavadetscher@swisspug.org> wrote:
Hello Killian

>> I want to transfer my db with three schemas from port 5432 to port 5532 to use
>> within the bitnami stack. I have used pgAdmin to create a backup.sql and when
>> using pgAdmin to restore the .sql to port 5532 I get the following error
>
>Try it with plain pg_dump.
>
>pg_dump -h localhost -p 5432 -Fc <dbname> > dump.sql
>
>pg_restore -h localhost -p 5532 dump.sql
>
>I tried this, but nothing appears to happen when entering the commands. Attached is a screenshot of the shell window - what am I doing wrong?

This should be done from an OS shell, not from psql.
Do you mean Windows command prompt?

Bye
Charles

(untestet, please read *before* the documentation)

I think, this should work. No idea what's wrong with pgAdmin, not using
that.

Andreas
unintentional side effect.                              (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."   (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe.              N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°