Re: User with "almost" superuser privileges - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Daniel Gomez Blanco
Subject Re: User with "almost" superuser privileges
Date
List pgsql-novice

Hi Brauner,

Thanks for your response. What I'm doing now is that, I create a user:

create user admin with password 'password' createdb createrole createuser;

And then grant some privleges, e.g.:

grant execute on function current_setting(setting_name text) to admin with grant option;

I'm grating all the functionality this "almost superuser" needs, expect the functions I disallow (like pg_ls_dir for example). But I still don't know if I'm granting all the functionality a superuser has. What would be great is some documentation explaining a bit more what a superuser is able to do. Unfortunately, I haven't found any. All I have found is some random "you need to be superuser to do this", but not a complete list of what a superuser can do...

Cheers,

Daniel