Application crashing due to idle connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From itishree sukla
Subject Application crashing due to idle connection
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,

Our application is crashing due to lot of idle connection from last 1 month it is very frequent.

When i checked pg_stat_activity I found below query :SELECT e.typdelim FROM pg_catalog.pg_type t, pg_catalog.pg_type e WHERE t.oid = $1 and t.typelem = e.oid:

is on idle state number of time. After killing connection this query is also vanishing  from pg_stat_activity.

Can any one please give me some clue what cloud be the possible reason, and how to get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Itishree