Re: [GENERAL] type "xxxxxxx" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Micky Hulse
Subject Re: [GENERAL] type "xxxxxxx" does not exist
Date
Re: [GENERAL] type "xxxxxxx" does not exist  (Micky Hulse <mickyhulse@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello and thanks for the help!

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Paul Jungwirth
<pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> wrote:
> It sounds like the type might be in a different schema. You can say \dn to
> see the schemas in your database, and \dT+ will show the types along with
> their schema. You could also do \dT+ foo.* to see all the types in schema
> foo.

Ahhhh, interesting!

\dT+ myschema.*

I see the type "xxx_xxx_xxxxx" (which is the one my method is looking for).

There are not types in the public schema:

# \dT+ public.*
                                List of data types
 Schema | Name | Internal name | Size | Elements | Access privileges |
Description
(0 rows)

> If you find that the type isn't in the public schema, try setting your
> schema search path so that the function can locate it, e.g.:
>     SET search_path TO foo, public;

Cool! Dumb question, but is foo the schema or the type?

Thanks so much for the tips Paul! I really appreciate your help. :)