Re: Optimizing bulk update performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yang Zhang
Subject Re: Optimizing bulk update performance
Date
List pgsql-general
We're using Postgresql 9.1.9 on Ubuntu 12.04 on EBS volumes on
m1.xlarge instances, which have:

15 GiB memory
8 EC2 Compute Units (4 virtual cores with 2 EC2 Compute Units each)
64-bit platform

(Yes, we're moving to EBS Optimized instances + Provisioned IOPS
volumes, but prelim. benchmarks suggest this won't get us enough of a
boost as much as possibly refactoring the way we're executing these
bulk updates in our application.)

--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/