Re: BUG #7883: "PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages" on replica recovery - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: BUG #7883: "PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages" on replica recovery
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <
hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:

> On 16.02.2013 01:49, Daniel Farina wrote:
>
>> I guess that means Ubuntu (and probably Debian?) libpq-dev breaks
>> PG_VERSION_NUM for PGXS=1.
>>

> That obviously needs to be fixed in debian. Meanwhile, Maciek, I'd suggest
> that you build PostgreSQL from sources, install it to some temporary
> location, and then build xlogdump against that.

That worked, thanks. I have a working xlogdump. Any pointers as to what I
should look for? This is the contents of the pg_xlog directory:

total 49160
-rw------- 1 udrehggpif7kft postgres 16777216 Feb 15 00:00
000000010000003C00000093
-rw------- 1 udrehggpif7kft postgres 16777216 Feb 15 00:47
000000010000003C00000094
-rw------- 1 udrehggpif7kft postgres 16777216 Feb 15 00:49
000000020000003C00000093
-rw------- 1 udrehggpif7kft postgres       56 Feb 15 00:49 00000002.history
drwx------ 2 udrehggpif7kft postgres     4096 Feb 15 00:49 archive_status

This is what's in 00000002.history:

1    000000010000003C00000093    no recovery target specified