Re: Setting the process title, or can I? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject Re: Setting the process title, or can I?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

one thing I was trying to avoid was the connection overhead. For some reason this box has been configured to 1500 connections (sic), I have no immediate permission to install a pooler and obviously the overhead in creating new processes is one of the things that kill it... So I was trying to make it as painless as possible.

Cheerio
Bèrto

PS sorry Frank, you got mailed twice. I mistakenly hit a "reply only" the first time and it did not come to the list.