Re: how to adjust auto increment id offset? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject Re: how to adjust auto increment id offset?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

On 15 November 2011 11:44, Yan Chunlu <springrider@gmail.com> wrote:
I would like to implement two master db with even-odd id sharding.   in mysql it is fairly easy by using the configuration:

auto_increment_offset = 1
auto_increment_increment = 2

but I have searched a lot didn't find anything related to this, some users doing this via trigger like "rubyrep".

is there an easy way to do this?  thanks!

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-createsequence.html

--
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.