Slow down dev database transactions/second for testing? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Brockie
Subject Slow down dev database transactions/second for testing?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I maintain a Django webapp that uses postgresql and can create inefficient queries if I'm not careful. I'm looking for ways to mimic a congested db server in development to expose these queries.

The configuration of postgresql is complicated - is there a simple method by which I could, for example limit the number of transactions/second to a certain level by adjusting postgresql.conf?

Many thanks!
--
    R.

Richard Brockie