Re: Logical locking beyond pg_advisory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Logical locking beyond pg_advisory
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:04 PM marcelo <marcelo.nicolet@gmail.com> wrote:

I´m using an ORM (Devart´s) to access the database, so, I cannot "select ... FOR UPDATE". The application paradigm is that a user have a list of records (after a query) and she could update or delete any of them as the business rules allows it. So, at least an advisory lock is a must.
I´m convinced by now: I would stay with advisory locks... expecting no app crash could occur...

I would say to fix this in the ORM rather than reinvent what the database already gives you in the database.

Thank you all.
Marcelo

Libre de virus. www.avast.com

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.