Re: BAKUP ISSUE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: BAKUP ISSUE
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Ramesh T <rameshparnanditech@gmail.com> wrote:
HI,
          I have a problem when i take backup using pg_basebackup and pg_start_backup('base');
following ,

What is the problem? You didn't write it. Just some outputs and config, but you never mentioned what is the problem itself.

archive_mode = on
archive_command = 'copy "%p" "C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\9.3\\data\\pg_xlog\\%f"'

This archive_command looks bad.

Is c:\program files\postgresql\9.3\data\pg_xlog directory for xlog for THIS postgresql?
If yes - why would you want to copy xlog back to its original location?
If no - while it might work, I don't think it's safe to copy xlogs directly to pg_xlog directory of slave (assuming it's slave).

depesz