Re: custom postgres launcher for tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ivan N. Taranov
Subject Re: custom postgres launcher for tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> If we support a wrapper we should support it for all pg_ctl usage IMO.

As i understand it  - you propose to patch pg_ctl.c & regress.c instead of
PostgresNode.pm & regress.c?

This is a deeper invasion to  pg_ctl. There will be a conflict between the
environment variable and the pg_ctl -p parameter, and possibly induced
bugs.

I suggest microscopic changes for iterative  recompilation/test/debug
without installation.

> For the sake of others with similar needs I attach my current
> wrapper/launcher script. To use it you have to:

IMHO, the method what you proposed (wrapper/launcher) - is more suitable for
complex testing.

I agree that the my proposed way  is incomplete.