Re: oracle to postgresql conversion tool - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Pawan Sharma
Subject Re: oracle to postgresql conversion tool
Date
List pgsql-general

On Feb 22, 2018 11:16 AM, "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

Hi, there are at least 5 tools I found on the PG list but could you recommend well tested, free one ? we need to migrate production 30GB oracle 11 db to postgres 9 and are looking for best approach. Of course if there is no free/open solution any commercial & recommended tool is always welcome.

Hard to say, what is the best approach. I used ora2pg on 60GB database with thousands views, thousands procedures without problems. It is not too fast, but just works

Regards

Pavel

Thank you
Marcin

Hi Pavel,

You can easily migrate table,view,index's,mview ..etc using any migration tool, but you need to work some how on plsql objects like procedure, trigger, function.etc