Re: monitoring sql queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Mead
Subject Re: monitoring sql queries
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, J.V. <jvsrvcs@gmail.com> wrote:
How is this accomplished?

Is it possible to log queries to a table with additional information?

1) num rows returned (if a select)
This isn't logged

2) time to complete the query
This is logged

3) other info?

Take a look at the log_line_prefix parameter

How is enabling this actually done?

You enable this by using a GUC (global unified config) variable in the postgresql.conf file called log_min_duration_statement.

--Scott