IDLE in transaction introspection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Scott Mead
Subject IDLE in transaction introspection
Date
Re: IDLE in transaction introspection  (Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hey all,

   So, I'm dealing with a a big ol' java app that has multiple roads on the way to <IDLE> in transaction.  We can reproduce the problem in a test environment, but the lead dev always asks "can you just tell me the last query that it ran?"

   So I wrote the attached patch, it just turns <IDLE> in transaction into:  "<IDLE> in transaction\n: Previous: <last query executed>".  After seeing how quickly our dev's fixed the issue once they saw prepared statement XYZ, I'm thinking that I'd like to be able to have this in prod, and... maybe (with the frequency of IIT questions posted here) someone else would find this useful.

 Just wondering what ya'll thought.  Any feedback (including a more efficient approach) is welcome.  (Patch against release 9.1.1 tarball).

Thanks!

--
Scott Mead
  OpenSCG