Re: cannot find PGXS file when installing an extension? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: cannot find PGXS file when installing an extension?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:46 PM Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Luca,
>
> 'sudo make install' command works in the environment of the superuser and most likely does not see pg_config utility
.

> Specify the location of pg_config explicitly:
> sudo make install PG_CONFIG=/opt/pg11/bin/pg_config

No, it's not a path problem since I'm unable to run make even with my user:

cleopatra% which pg_config && make
/opt/pg11/bin/pg_config
make: "/usr/home/luca/tmp/fluca/Makefile" line 5: Could not find
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
make: stopped in /usr/home/luca/tmp/fluca

By the way:

cleopatra% sudo make install PG_CONFIG=/opt/pg11/bin/pg_config
Password:
make: "/usr/home/luca/tmp/fluca/Makefile" line 5: Could not find
make: Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
make: stopped in /usr/home/luca/tmp/fluca

Any other idea?
Thanks,
Luca