Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: PG11.2 - wal_level =minimal max_wal_senders = 0
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 5:15 PM Jason Ralph <jralph@affinitysolutions.com> wrote:
> The question I have is, for a production database not doing replication, can I safely set the following parameters, I
understandthat minimal will also disable wal_archiving so I am concerned about that as well.

> wal_level = minimal
>
> max_wal_senders = 0
>

> I have been looking at the documentation and I guess I am looking for a yes this is ok, I figured it’s on by default
fora reason so I was hesitant to change it.

I don't see why you should not set them as you described.
The idea is that the overhead of having replica over minimal is today
enough "low" in contrast to the need for replication (e.g., backup
tools like pgbackrest).

Luca