Re: Issue related with patitioned table:How can I quickly determinewhich child table my record is in,given a specific primary key value? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: Issue related with patitioned table:How can I quickly determinewhich child table my record is in,given a specific primary key value?
Date
In response to Issue related with patitioned table:How can I quickly determine which child table my record is in,given a specific primary key value?  ("王旭" <wangxu@gu360.com>)
Responses Re: Issue related with patitioned table:How can I quickly determine which child table my record is in,given a specific primary key value?  ("James(王旭)" <wangxu@gu360.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 9:19 AM 王旭 <wangxu@gu360.com> wrote:
> I tried something like this:  e.g., for symbol_id 6365,
> SELECT (hashint2(6365::SMALLINT)% 10)

shouldn't this be modulus 3 instead of 10?
The problem is that record 6365 is not where you expected to be?

As far as I know, there is no easy user-level way to get the route to
a table, but you can juggle with the expression that defined each
table and make a good guess.
However, your query should give a good idea:

# SELECT 'my_table_' || (hashint2(6365::smallint)% 3);
  ?column?
 my_table_2