Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions, triggers. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: Too slow to create new schema and their tables, functions, triggers.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 9:21 PM PegoraroF10 <marcos@f10.com.br> wrote:
> So, is it better to configure autovacuum properly to these tables or should
> I run vacuum periodically ?
> Obviously I´ll check our script too.

My guess would be that either you have disabled autovacuum on such
tables (I don't know if that is possible being system tables, but for
regular tables it is) or your script is running too frequently to let
autvacuum proceed on the sys tables. I would bet on the last one.
Seems to me you are also creating and deleting a lot of stuff to bloat
the catalog in such a way. Could it be your script is keeping a
trnsaction open (something like try in a loop)?