Can we limit the total size of WAL? - Mailing list pgsql-cluster-hackers

From FattahRozzaq
Subject Can we limit the total size of WAL?
Date
List pgsql-cluster-hackers
Hi all,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm new to PostgreSQL, please
correct me if I'm mislead/incorrect.

I have setup streaming replication using WAL
The archive_command that was generated by Postgres-XL in postgresql.conf was:
archive_command = 'rsync %p
postgres@node03:/home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodearchlog/02/%f'

If I run check the total size of the folder in datanode master, it
contains only 14GB:
# du -sh /home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodemaster/03/
14G     /home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodemaster/03/

But if I check the total size of the archive folder in datanode slave,
it contains 90GB, each file has 16MB size, with total files 5749:
# du -sh /home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodearchlog/03/
90G     /home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodearchlog/03/
# ls -al /home/postgres/PGXL/nodes/datanodearchlog/03/ | grep 16777216 | wc -l
5749

How to limit the amount of files generated by WAL archiving?
Or maybe if we can, how to recycle the files generated by WAL archiving?

Thank you,
FattahRozzaq