Re: Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From FattahRozzaq
Subject Re: Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Wei Shan,

I've been through this and this is simple.
I've been using my PostgreSQL 9.4 database using psql 9.2 for months
and all went fine.

To workaround it, you can compile PostgreSQL client 9.2.4 in another
directory, and run the binary that you compiled in that directory.

For example if you make new PostgreSQL client compile with
prefix=/opt/postgresql-9.2.4
You can run the psql like this:
/opt/postgresql-9.2.4/bin/psql <your server, maybe signserver>

To help yourself, search in the web for:
- how to compile postgresql in a specific directory
- how to edit the PATH environment in RedHat linux or Debian or centos
or your choice

Hope this helps.

Regards