Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Priyanka Shendge
Subject Re: pgAdmin IV API test cases patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On 6 June 2016 at 14:03, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Priyanka Shendge
<priyanka.shendge@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch for API test cases for tree nodes/modules. This patch does not
> include
> api tests for following modules:
>
> 1. Type
> 2. Table child nodes
> 3. FTS modules
>
> Kindly, review the same and let me know for any modification.

I took a very quick look at the patch and immediately saw a serious
problem I'm afraid - you cannot hard-code paths like this:

+            if os.path.isfile('/home/edb/Downloads/pgadmin4/web/regression/'
+                              'parent_id.pkl'):
+                exst_server_id = open('/home/edb/Downloads/pgadmin4/web'
+                                      '/regression/''parent_id.pkl', 'rb')

You need to dynamically generate such paths so this will work on any
machine. Look at line 19 of web/pgAdmin4.py to see how to get the
patch to the current file as an example.
Sure, i'll check and update accordingly.

Also; despite this not being part of the end-user interface, please
try to follow the standards for messages, e.g. instead of:

No event trigger(s) to update!!!

use

No event trigger(s) to update.
Noted. I will update for all applicable files.

There is likely more to change of course, but please fix these issues first.
Sure.

Thank you.

Thanks!

--