Re: Database child node: Cast node patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Priyanka Shendge
Subject Re: Database child node: Cast node patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On 4 October 2016 at 19:36, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:01 AM, Priyanka Shendge
<priyanka.shendge@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I applied this patch on clean machine and executed testsuite only for "cast"
> node, i did not face any issue.
> When i tried to execute testsuite for all nodes, i get same output as you
> mentioned above e-mail. (As few variable name
> have changed later on in test_utils.py file and those are yet to change in
> server and database API cases. So while importing
> those variables its throwing import error.)  Also, me and Navnath have
> verified that this output is not related to setup.py changes.
> (7175929cab984e070d15eb13625ab50459edf9ca)
>
> Could you please try running testsuite only for cast node (python
> regression/runtests.py --pkg browser.server_groups.servers.databases.casts)
> and let me know if there are any issues.

No, I don't see the issue if I only run the cast tests.

Correct.

I'm not sure how this helps though - I still see the problem if I run
all tests with the patch applied. If I revert the patch, it goes away.
Therefore it's definitely being triggered by the cast patch, if not,
caused by it.

Yes, the import errors you are getting its because "Cast" patch, as i
have changed the variables name from ../regression/__init__.py and test_setup.py file.
In code cleanup we have removed variables(like picke_path, advanced_config_path) from test_setup.py.
Those variables have reference to all API cases, which are need to change (except cast).
We are integrating these changes along with new code to other API cases. For now you can you please
ignore these errors? Once all API cases are in place there wont be any issues seen.

Thank you.

--
Dave Page
VP, Chief Architect, Tools & Installers