Re: Creating redwood datestyle in Postgres 12 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tim
Subject Re: Creating redwood datestyle in Postgres 12
Date
Re: Creating redwood datestyle in Postgres 12
List pgsql-admin
Yes anything that involves management at a table level is not practical due to the size of our database and limited amount of resources (me). I was not aware of the orafce extension and will keep it in mind.

Tom, we currently are on EDB AS 12 but its becoming cost inefficient to stay with EDB due to our scale, since their pricing reflects the size of the production VMs that are used. So while this migration might be a pain from the application side.. long run it would be cheaper.

Jonah, I'm assuming a patch would only apply per Postgres version... so any future PG version upgrade would require a new patch? While I'm sure technically its doable.. long run it would be more practical to just move away from these cursed Oracle dates.

Thanks for your help everyone!