Trigger of Transaction - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Juan Pablo Cook
Subject Trigger of Transaction
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi everyone! I need your help with this problem.

I'm using PostgreSQL 9.2 Server & the latest jdbc driver: postgresql-9.2-1002.jdbc4.jar

I have a many to one relation. I have this piece of code:

con.setAutoCommit(false); //transaction block start

// Make an insert to one table (Vector)
// After that I insert the childs of the first table with their parent_id like the FK.
con.commit(); //transaction block end

I have this Trigger:

CREATE TRIGGER trigger_update_index AFTER INSERT
    ON "Vector" FOR EACH ROW
    EXECUTE PROCEDURE update_index();

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION update_index() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $update_index$
DECLARE
BEGIN
-- Make something
END;
$update_index$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

What's the problem? that when the trigger fire only the Parent (Vector) was inserted an not the childs :S so I need that records to be inserted to work in my function.

I'm trying to make a Trigger, only to execute after ALL the transaction. So, after all the INSERTs INTO (like 5 or 10) I want to launch my function.
I found some information in google about this: "Constraint Trigger", that perhaps I can tell some rules before triggering but I don't know if it is what I need to and also don't know how to code that.

I appreciate your help a lot.

Thanks ;)

JP Cook