How to restore the table space tar files created by pg_basebackup? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samba
Subject How to restore the table space tar files created by pg_basebackup?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,
I have taken a base backup of my master server using pg_basebackup command as below:
pg_basebackup -D /tmp/PostgresBackup/ -Ft -Z 9 -l masterbackup -h localhost -U replication -w

The above created 4 tar files, namely: 16394.tar.gz  16395.tar.gz  16396.tar.gz  base.tar.gz

I do know that my database contains 3 table spaces in addition to pg_default and pg_global ( I guess, that is why it created those three numbered tar.gz files, plus one base.tar.gz file ) and my master and standby servers are identical by all means.

Now, I'm not sure how can I restore these files on the standby server. I could restore the base.tar.gz into the data directory on standby and the streaming replication has started working properly. But I'm not sure what to do with these additional numbered gz files which contains the same data that is already contained in the base.tar.gz file.

Can some one explain me what to do with these files? The documentation for pg_basebackup does not mention this information, it just says that a different variant of the command will fail if there are multiple table spaces.

Another related query is if  we can specify the name of the backup file instead of leaving it to be base.tar.gz file.

Thanks and Regards,
Samba