Re: warnings about invalid "search_path" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samba
Subject Re: warnings about invalid "search_path"
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,
I now realize that the issue is indeed occurring when users who have "system_data" in their search_path log in to other databases that does not have that schema.

Could someone explain how to "add schema(s) into search_path for a database [not to user/role] irrespective of whichever user logging-in"?

Thanks and Regards,
Samba

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Samba wrote:
> I'm seeing some weired errors in the postgres logs after upgrading
> to postgres-9.1(.3) about the schema added by default to search patch
>
> WARNING:  invalid value for parameter "search_path": "system_data"
> DETAIL:  schema "system_data" does not exist
>
> We do have a user named "system_data" and a schema with the same
name...

> Apart from these warning messages, there is not other problem about it

Maybe the warning is from a different database that does not have such
a schema.

Try to add %d to the log_line_prefix parameter.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe