Re: warnings about invalid "search_path" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Samba
Subject Re: warnings about invalid "search_path"
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Gabriele for those pointers,

I could now narrow it down to two things:

  1. "system_data" user logging into other databases [one of those may be the default 'postgres'] which does not have "system_data" schema
  2. other users [like 'postgres'] logging into their own or even other databases which does not have "system_data" schema.
I did notice that we have added "system_data" schema to a few other users [roles]  who are also supposed to login to the database containing "system_data" schema and that is causing this side-effect of logging these warning messages when users who have "system_data" in the search_path log into other databases that do not have "system_data" schema.

So, what i understand is needed for me is "how to add a schema (or multiple schemas) in the search path for a database irrespective of whichever user logs in to the database?"

Could you explain how to add "schema(s) into search_path for a database irrespective of the user logging-in?
Thanks and Regards,
Samba