Re: Login with LDAP authentication takes 5 seconds - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Schmid
Subject Re: Login with LDAP authentication takes 5 seconds
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot to all of you for your valuable hints. So I tried some more and found that traceroute and ping show the same symptoms, i.e. first call takes 5 seconds. However, traceroute -4 and ping -4 always respond immediately.
So, searching for "linux dns lookup takes long ipv4" brought me to https://askubuntu.com/a/32312 on AskUbuntu that suggested adding

options single-request

to /etc/resolv.conf. And wow, this did the trick.
So, according to the page linked there, I'm maybe having to do with a DNS Server or Firewall that doesn't handle the parallel IPv4 and IPv6 requests properly... I'll check with my IT.

Thank you again, folks.

Andy