Re: Shared system resources - Mailing list pgsql-general

From oleg yusim
Subject Re: Shared system resources
Date
List pgsql-general
John,

To my knowledge, TDE is employed not only by Microsoft, but by Oracle too. I recall it also has a mechanism of protecting keys. Here are references:

Thank you very much for that piece:

"In PostgreSQL 'shared memory' has a quite specific meaning, its referring to the pool of buffer memory (ram) shared by all postgres server processes.   this is primarily used as the buffer cache. In a properly secured operating system, ONLY the postgres server processes have access to this shared memory segment"

It helped me to understand terminology used by other reponders better.

Thanks,

Oleg