Re: Session Identifiers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From oleg yusim
Subject Re: Session Identifiers
Date
List pgsql-general
Melvin, Stephen,

Thanks for your responses, guys. I think we can finally put this topic to the bed with that - I have satisfactory answer. For those who would be interested and would dig into this topic later on, here is fairly detailed explanation on how to use pg_terminate_backend in this case, coupled with usage of pg_stat_activity and cron (it also has code too): http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12391174/how-to-close-idle-connections-in-postgresql-automatically

Thanks everybody,

Oleg