Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Rajkumar Raghuwanshi
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Thanks. Here are some comments

Thanks Ashutosh for review and suggestions.

+-- test default partition behavior for range
+ALTER TABLE prt1 DETACH PARTITION prt1_p3;
+ALTER TABLE prt1 ATTACH PARTITION prt1_p3 DEFAULT;
+ALTER TABLE prt2 DETACH PARTITION prt2_p3;
+ALTER TABLE prt2 ATTACH PARTITION prt2_p3 DEFAULT;

I think we need an ANALYZE here in case the statistics gets updated while
DETACH and ATTACH is going on. Other testcases also need to be updated with
ANALYZE, including the negative one.
Done.

+-- partition-wise join can not be applied if the only one of joining table have

Correction: ... if only one of the joining tables has ...
Done.

Please add the patch to the next commitfest so that it's not
forgotten.
I think we can get rid of the multi-level partition-wise
testcase as well. Also, since we are re-attaching existing partition
tables as default partitions, we don't need to check the output as
well; just plan should be enough.
Ok. Done.

updated test patch attached.

Attachment