Q: How to use indexer api smartly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From amihay gonen
Subject Q: How to use indexer api smartly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
My goal is to implement a new index type base on bitmap index algorithm.

I've to main problems :

1. How to get "Target list" - list of columns need to be returned from query on the index.

   I want to implement index only access , today the indexer api get row-id and then PG retrive the data from the table .
  My idea is to return the list of columns directly from the index .
  The question is it possible ? how do I know what are the column list (Assuming the index contain all those columns ).

2. How to implement a query context within the indexer api .
   The indexers functions :amcostestimate, ambeginscan and amrescan ) do not maintain a context.
    The idea is the better memory management of index structures ( lock the memory structure for query life time  - until it end)

Thanks ,
Amihay.