Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mahendra Singh
Subject Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema
Date
In response to Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp tableschema  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Responses Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" for temporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 at 19:23, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 25, 2019 at 12:24:10PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > Arf.  Yes, this had better be isAnyTempNamespace() so as we complain
> > about all of them.
>
> Okay, finally coming back to that.  Attached is an updated patch with
> polished comments and the fixed logic.

Thanks Michael for patch.

Patch is fixing all the issues.

I think, we can add a regression test for this.
postgres=# create temporary table temp(c1 int);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade ;
ERROR:  cannot drop temporary namespace "pg_temp_3"
postgres=#

I have one doubt. Please give me your opinion on below doubt.
Let suppose, I connected 10 sessions at a time and created 1 temporary
table to each session. Then it is creating schema from pg_temp_3 to
pg_temp_12 (one schema for each temp table session).  After that, I
closed all the 10 sessions but if I connect again any session and
checking all the schema, It is still showing pg_temp_3 to pg_temp_12.
Is this expected behavior ? or we should not display any temp table
schema after closing session. I thought that auto_vacuum wlll drop all
the temp table schema but it is not drooping.

Thanks and Regards
Mahendra Singh Thalor