Re: [pgagent]: Modified 'next_schedule' function and updated pgagent4.2 version - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: [pgagent]: Modified 'next_schedule' function and updated pgagent4.2 version
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:10 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:21 PM Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find an updated patch that fixes a bug in 'next_schedule' function where minute should be extracted instead of year for calculation.

Issue found by: Vik Fearing

Please find the attached patch that fixed the issue in respective pgagent files and updated pgagent for 4.2 version.

Do review it and let me know for comments.

Any reason not to use the rewritten version of the function that Vik wrote? It updated it to use much more modern features of pl/pgsql, rather than the now 15 year old syntax that's currently used.

Well, the current version has received 15 years of testing (despite the bug I found), and my rewrite has only received some local testing by me.  I would like to see my version eventually integrated, but I don't think it should be rushed in.
--
Vik Fearing