Re: javascript app running in crhome with connection to postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Bernstein
Subject Re: javascript app running in crhome with connection to postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Stan. I have been dealing with this lately. I have a Chrome Extension that does work gathering the info to save in the postgresql, such as screen scraping a specific tab. I am using AWS RDS hosted Postgresql, btw. I am not sure however, due to security  reasons, that you can open a connection directly from the Chrome extension to the database. If you find it is possible, please let me know. The security rules on Extension  are very strict. The Extension is written in javascript,.  The extension can communicate to my web app that is running in a tab (via the Chrome API). It is this web app that will maintain an open connection to the postgres server (which is remote). My webapp is written in php and from my understanding each copy (it is multiuser) maintains its own connection to postgres. I will implement RLS (row level security) just to be sure!  Will this all work? I am not totally done yet and am stuck right now on getting the php App (running on Docker) to open a connection with the RDS Postgresql.

Nice BF quote. If you haven't read it, read BF's autobiography. It reads like it was written just recently.