Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dinesh Kumar
Subject Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Dave,

We are able to re-produce the same case in windows xp, but not in windows 7. Below is the output for the table which has been created in PG 9.2.

XP (pgAdmin 1.16.1)
-----
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE person
   (name text ,
    spouse text )
   SERVER file_fdw_serv
   OPTIONS (format 'text,filename=/tmp/test.txt,', elimiter '', , '', ull '\\\\N"');
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE person
  OWNER TO postgres;

Win 7 (pgAdmin 1.16.1)
--------
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE person
   (name text ,
    spouse text )
   SERVER file_fdw_serv
   OPTIONS (format 'text', filename '/tmp/test.txt', delimiter ',', null 'N');
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE person
  OWNER TO postgres;

Actual Definitions From PG (9.2)
------------------------------------
postgres=# \d person
        Foreign table "public.person"
 Column | Type | Modifiers | FDW Options
--------+------+-----------+-------------
 name   | text |           |
 spouse | text |           |
Server: file_fdw_serv
FDW Options: (format 'text', filename '/tmp/test.txt', delimiter ',', "null" E'\\\\N')

I believe, the code in "pgForeignTable::iSetOptions(const wxString &tmpoptions)" is behaving differently on windows xp as well in 7.

I have installed the PG 9.3 beta version which comes with pgAdmin 1.18.x in Win XP. In that version also, win xp is behaving like reported. Hence, i would like to setup the build in XP and will try to fix the problem.

Kindly let me know your inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more