Re: large database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nathan Clayton
Subject Re: large database
Date
List pgsql-general

On Dec 11, 2012 2:25 PM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/2012 01:58 PM, Mihai Popa wrote:

>>> Compressed or uncompressed?
>>

>> uncompressed, but that's not much relief...
>> and it's 800GB not 300 anymore. I still can't believe the size of this
>> thing.
>

> Are you sure the conversion process is working properly?

Another question is whether there's a particular reason that you're converting to CSV prior to importing the data?

All major ETL tools that I know of, including the major open source ones (Pentaho / Talend) can move data directly from Access databases to Postgresql. In addition, provided the table names are all the same in the Access files, you can iterate over all of the access files in a directory at once.