Re: Replication mode - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Azimuddin Mohammed
Subject Re: Replication mode
Date
Re: Replication mode
List pgsql-admin
Thanks!
But with hot standby my slave will be in read-only mode ...how can I just use my slave as a backup and not do any read operation and let my primary server do all read and write operation. If my primary fails I will do manual failover. The whole idea is to remove any 3rd party open source tools as we are not sure how well they behave and avoid any single point of failure.