Re: Index Skip Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andy Fan
Subject Re: Index Skip Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 1:55 AM Floris Van Nee <florisvannee@optiver.com> wrote:
> I'm unsure which version number to give this patch (to continue with numbers from previous skip scan patches, or to start numbering from scratch again). It's a rather big change, so one could argue it's mostly a separate patch. I guess it mostly depends on how close the original versions were to be committable. Thoughts?

I don't know, but from the sidelines, it'd be nice to see the unique
path part go into PG13, where IIUC it can power the "useless unique
removal" patch.

Actually I have a patch to remove the distinct clause some long time ago[1],
and later it came to the UniqueKey as well,  you can see [2] for the current
status.