Re: superuser() shortcuts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brightwell, Adam
Subject Re: superuser() shortcuts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephen,

Thanks!  Please add it to the next commitfest.

Sounds good.  I'll update the patch and add accordingly.

I don't think has_rolinherit or has_rolcatupdate really need to move and
it seems unlikely that they'd be needed from elsewhere..  Is there a
reason you think they'd need to be exposed?  I've not looked at the
patch at all though, perhaps that makes it clear.

There is no reason to expose them (at this point in time) other than consolidation.

> * has_createrole_privilege
> * has_bypassrls_privilege
These are already in the right place, right?

If aclchk.c is the right place, then yes. :-)

> * has_inherit_privilege
> * has_catupdate_privilege

These probably don't need to move as they're only used in the .c files
that they're defined in (unless there's a reason that needs to change).

Correct, though, I don't see any reason for them to move other than attempting to consolidate them.

> * has_???_privilege

Right, other things might be 'has_backup_privilege', for things like
pg_start/stop_backup and friends.

Correct.

-Adam