Re: Fast AT ADD COLUMN with DEFAULTs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vitaly Burovoy
Subject Re: Fast AT ADD COLUMN with DEFAULTs
Date
Re: Fast AT ADD COLUMN with DEFAULTs  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I wrote:
>> Need a better name for the concept, since evidently this name isn't
>> conveying the idea.
>
> Maybe "creation default" would work better?  Point being it's the
> default value at the time of column creation.

Hmm... Personaly for me the original topic name is good enough.

But what I discover for myself is that we have pg_attrdef separately
from the pg_attribute. Why?
Is it time to join them? For not presented defaults it would be only
one bit per row(if we avoid "adsrc" as it is recommended), but for a
separate table it is 11 columns with two indexes now...
--
Best regards,
Vitaly Burovoy