Relaxing NaN/Infinity restriction in JSON fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitar
Subject Relaxing NaN/Infinity restriction in JSON fields
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

When migrating from MongoDB to PostgreSQL one thing which just
surprised me now is that I cannot store NaN/Infinity in JSON fields. I
know that standard JSON restricts those values, but they are a very
common (and welcome) relaxation. What are prospects of this
restriction being lifted? It is really sad that one cannot stores
directly all IEEE 754 double precision floating point values.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m